Tamil Nadu CM EPS releases Cauvery water from Mettur dam for irrigation
With the opening of the Mettur Dam …
- 16 lakh acres in the Cauvery delta will be irrigated
- 45000 acres will be irrigated through Canals
DMK President MK Stalin flags-off Rs 10 lakhs worth of relief supplies to Kerala
- DMK President MK Stalin flagged-off Rs 10 lakhs worth of relief supplies to Kerala from the party HQ Anna Arivalayam.
- He said that this is the first batch and more supplies will be sent.
- He said Kerala DMK workers are currently in Chennai to send the relief material to Kerala through trains.
- Replying to reporters query the DMK President said that it is not befitting of a CM to say that I had gone to Nilgiris to seek publicity.
- The CM was in Coimbatore yesterday he is yet to tell why he did not visit Nilgiris which is closeby.
J&K Governor’s invite and Rahul Gandhi’s response
J&K Governor Satya Pal Malik to Rahul Gandhi:
- “Will send you plane, come here, observe”
Rahul Gandhi’s response:
Dear Governor Malik,
- A delegation of opposition leaders & I will take you up on your gracious invitation to visit J&K and Ladakh.
- We won’t need an aircraft but please ensure us the freedom to travel & meet the people, mainstream leaders and our soldiers stationed over there.
I left Wayanad with nothing but pride for the people I represent: Rahul Gandhi
- I left Wayanad with nothing but pride for the people I represent.
- The display of bravery and dignity in the face of immense tragedy is truly humbling.
- It is such an honour and pleasure to be your MP.
- Thank you Kerala.
Pic Credit: @RahulGandhi
Flood and landslide situation in Wayanad, Rahul Gandhi writes to PM Modi
I have written a letter to the Prime Minister on the flood & landslide situation in Wayanad & have informed him of the measures the Central govt. can take in order to make Wayanad & other flood prone regions safer for its people.