Recent changes made in Jammu-Kashmir and Ladakh would be of benefit to those regions: President Kovind in his address to the nation
It is the DMK which is making the ADMK Govt to function: MK Stalin
DMK President MK Stalin flagged off for the second day relief material for the flood affected people of Kerala. Answering queries by the media he said:
- The ADMK Govt is not functioning. It is the DMK which is making the Govt to function.
- Why the CM and Ministers have not visited people affected by floods?
- I am not giving my personal funds for relief work.
- Party MLAs and MPs are contributing from their local area development funds.
- Similarly the CM too is not giving his personal money he is giving it from tax-payers money.
Pass the Bill seeking exemption from NEET once again in the Assembly: MK Stalin
- The AIADMK government without informing the court about the NEET debate in the Assembly, along with the BJP government, has made the future uncertain for students.
- Without further delay the NEET Bill seeking exemption for the state should be passed in the Assembly & sent for President’s consent.
Congress leader Anand Sharma addresses media on Kashmir
Former Mayor of Kolkata & TMC MLA, Sovan Chatterjee join BJP
Trans Lunar Insertion maneuver was performed today, after this operation Chandrayaan2 will depart from Earth’s orbit and move towards the Moon
- The final orbit raising manoeuvre of Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft was successfully carried out today (August 14, 2019) at 02:21 am IST.
- During this maneuver, the spacecraft’s liquid engine was fired for about 1203 seconds.
- With this, Chandrayaan-2 entered the Lunar Transfer Trajectory.
- Earlier, the spacecraft’s orbit was progressively increased five times during July 23 to August 06, 2019.
- The health of the spacecraft is being continuously monitored from the Mission Operations Complex (MOX) at ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network in Bengaluru with support from Indian Deep Space Network (IDSN) antennas at Byalalu, near Bengaluru.
- Since its launch on July 22, 2019 by GSLV MkIII-M1 vehicle, all systems onboard Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft are performing normal.
- Chandrayaan-2 will approach Moon on August 20, 2019 and the spacecraft’s liquid engine will be fired again to insert the spacecraft into a lunar orbit.
- Following this, there will be further four orbit maneuvers to make the spacecraft enter into its final orbit passing over the lunar poles at a distance of about 100 km from the Moon’s surface.
- Tentative plan for future operation after Trans Lunar Injection are as follows,
|Date||Time||Orbit around moon|
|LOI/LBN#1||August 20, 2019||8:30-9:30||118 X 18078|
|LBN#2||August 21, 2019||12:30 – 13:30||121 X 4303|
|LBN#3||August 28, 2019||05:30 – 06:30||178 X 1411|
|LBN#4||August 30, 2019||18:00 – 19:00||126 X 164|
|LBN#5||September 01, 2019||18:00 – 19:00||114 X 128|
- Subsequently, Vikram lander will separate from the orbiter on September 02, 2019.
- Two orbit maneuvers will be performed on the lander before the initiation of powered descent to make a soft landing on the lunar surface on September 07, 2019.
Here’s the view of Control Centre at ISTRAC, Bengaluru:
Pic Credit : @ISRO
Raising the National Flag at 12 midnight: Mamata Banerjee
Today, on the eve of Independence Day, we will be celebrating ‘Freedom at Midnight’ by raising the National Flag at 12 midnight. Join us in celebrating this occasion: Mamata Banerjee
The big hero of Kerala Floods
- The big hero of Kerala Floods 2019 is Noushad, a street vendor of ready made garments at Broadway market street in Ernakulam, Kochi.
- While many big traders hesitated, he donated the entire stock to the flood victims.
- It triggered an avalanche of donations from all around: Dr Thomas Isaac – Kerala Finance Minister
Minister of External Affairs Dr S Jaishankar launches MEA Performance Dashboard
Today is Balochistan Day
- Today is Balochistan Day.
- This is a day to remember the silent war Pakistan has waged in Balochistan ever since it unlawfully annexed this resource-rich region.
- Balochistan, Pakistan’s Achilles heel, is becoming the new East Pakistan because of military killings and mass graves:
Brahma Chellaney @Chellaney – Strategic thinker, author, commentator