Textile had a key role in our trade centuries ago. Tourism is playing that role now: PM Modi speaking to the Indian diaspora in Bangkok
- For the first time in 60 years, a Govt has been awarded a bigger mandate by the people of the country after completing its first five years of governance.
- The reason behind this is the highs India has reached in the last 5 years
- We’re now working towards making the impossible come true. They were unimaginable.
- India has taken a massive decision to free itself from separatism and terrorism
- When a decision is right and is taken with the right mentality, it resonates with the entire world.
- Today, I can hear it in Thailand. This standing ovation from you is for the Parliament of India
- On Gandhi Ji’s 150th birth anniversary, India announced itself open-defecation free. Also, every poor’s kitchen is getting smoke-free.
- We’ve provided 8 crore homes free LPG connections in just 3 years. This number is bigger than Thailand’s entire population
- In the last 5 years, we’ve connected every Indian to a bank account and provided electricity. We’re working to provide water to every family.
- By 2022, when India celebrates 75 years of independence, we are working to ensure a house for every poor in India
- Textile had a key role in our trade centuries ago. Tourism is playing that role now. For people of Thailand, India is turning into a tourist site rapidly.
- India has jumped 18 places on the global tourism index in the last few years
- One of the key elements of our Govt is to strengthen the ties with ASEAN countries. For that, we’ve formed the Act East Policy.
- For the first time last year, leaders from all 10 ASEAN countries came to India to participate in India’s Republic Day Celebrations.
- India and Thailand are progressing at rapid pace, together. At least 300 flights fly between the two countries weekly.
- At least 18 destinations in Thailand are connected to India, and the average flight time is between 2-4 hours
- A direct flight has been started from Varanasi, my constituency and the world’s oldest cultural hub, to Thailand. It has also garnered a lot of fame.
- We also want to connect NorthEast India to Thailand. We want to develop it as the gateway for SouthEast Asia
PM Narendra Modi releasing the first copy of Thai translation of Tamil classic ‘Tirukkural’ written by Thiruvalluvar
Pic Credit: @PIB_India
Congress President Sonia Gandhi meets with AICC General Secretaries and State Incharges
Congress President Sonia Gandhi’s speech at meeting with General Secretaries, State in-Charge and Heads of Frontal Organisation, AICC.
Source : @INCIndia
Govt agencies are being used to sabotage opposition led govts. : Congress
Under the leadership of PM and Amit Shah ji, BJP is using all agencies like ED, IT, CBI to poach opposition MLAs and sabotage opposition led govts.: @kcvenugopalmp
— Congress (@INCIndia) November 2, 2019
‘CM saying verdict is..’
It’s shocking that Yeddyurappa is saying that SC may give relief to defectors & they can contest elections. The matter is sub judice & reserved for judgement on 4th. CM saying verdict is in favour of defectors & that they can contest, is a serious concern: @kcvenugopalmp
It’s shocking that Yeddyurappa is saying that SC may give relief to defectors & they can contest elections. The matter is sub judice & reserved for judgement on 4th. CM saying verdict is in favour of defectors & that they can contest, is a serious concern: @kcvenugopalmp pic.twitter.com/xzHpYqsxvT
— Congress (@INCIndia) November 2, 2019
Maps of newly formed Union Territories of Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh, with the map of India
- On the recommendation of Parliament, the President effectively dismantled Article 370 of the Indian Constitution and gave assent to the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization Act, 2019. Under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and supervision of Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah, the former state of Jammu & Kashmir has been reorganized as the new Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and the new Union Territory of Ladakh on 31st October 2019.
- The new Union Territory of Ladakh consists of two districts of Kargil and Leh. The rest of the former State of Jammu and Kashmir is in the new Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- In 1947, the former State of Jammu and Kashmir had the following 14 districts – Kathua, Jammu, Udhampur, Reasi, Anantnag, Baramulla, Poonch, Mirpur, Muzaffarabad, Leh and Ladakh, Gilgit, Gilgit Wazarat, Chilhas and Tribal Territory.
- By 2019, the state government of former Jammu and Kashmir had reorganized the areas of these 14 districts into 28 districts. The names of the new districts are as follows – Kupwara, Bandipur, Ganderbal, Srinagar, Budgam, Pulwama, Shupian, Kulgam, Rajouri, Ramban, Doda, Kishtivar, Samba and Kargil.
- Out of these, Kargil district was carved out from the area of Leh and Ladakh district. The Leh district of the new Union Territory of Ladakh has been defined in the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization (Removal of Difficulties) Second Order, 2019, issued by the President of India, to include the areas of the districts of Gilgit, Gilgit Wazarat, Chilhas and Tribal Territory of 1947, in addition to the remaining areas of Leh and Ladakh districts of 1947, after carving out the Kargil District.
- On this basis, the maps prepared by Survey General of India depicting the new Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, as created on 31 October 2019, along with the map of India, are attached below.