SC passes directions to tackle the issue of stubble burning
Source : Bar&Bench
- States of UP, Punjab, and Haryana to provide financial assistance to the tune of Rs 100 per quintal to small and marginal farmers growing non basmati variety of rice to deal with the stubble.
- These states to hire machinery to process the Stubble and the cost to be borne by the States.
- State to provide tools and machines to small and marginal farmers free of cost. Centre to prepare a roadmap within three months for protecting the interests of farmers. The scheme will be made applicable across the country.
- Delhi to submit an action plan within three weeks on the issue of tackling issues of garbage dumping, road dust and such.
Special session of the Punjab Assembly convened to commemorate the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev ji
- At the Vidhan Sabha for a special session to commemorate the 550th Prakash Purb of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Along with Vice President M VenkaiahNaidu, Ji, Dr. Manmohan Singh Ji, Governor of Punjab V P Singh Badnore, Governor of Haryana Satyadev Narayan Arya, Speaker Rana K P Singh & CM ML Khattar.
- Urged everyone to unite together to spread the message of equality, compassion & love. Hope that with the blessings of Baba Nanak, Punjab becomes the #1 state in India again.
@MVenkaiahNaidu – Vice President of India
- Guru Nanak Dev insisted that one should earn one’s living by hard work. Work, worship and share (kirt karo, Nam japo and wand chhako) was the motto he placed before his disciples. Earn by honest labour and share the earnings with the needy.
- It is worth noting that Guru Nanakji initiated inter-faith dialogue way back in the 16th century AD and had conversations with most of the religious denominations of his times.
- The world needs such spiritual leaders, who can engage in a meaningful dialogue to exchange ideas in order to promote peace, stability and cooperation. Guru Nanak’s vision was pragmatic and holistic. It was not a vision of renunciation but of active involvement.
Dr Manmohan Singh – Former PM :
- We are lucky that we are getting to celebrate some important historical events. 300 years of Guru Gobind Singh ji in 1966 and 500 years of Guru Nanak Dev ji in 1969 were celebrated with much fervour across nations.
- Now we have gathered to celebrate the 550 birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev ji. 500 years ago, Guru Nanak Dev ji laid the foundation for a point of view on the repeated questions regarding God, religion, life, truth et al.
- By establishing Kartarpur Sahib, Guru Nanak Dev ji laid the foundation for an ideal society
- Punjab is Guru Nanak Dev ji’s karam-bhoomi. How will we keep Guru Nanak Dev ji’s legacy alive if its youth is wasted with drugs, water is becoming poisonous & women are being disrespected. It’s the most crucial question on his 550th birth anniversary
‘On 9th, let’s witness history being created…’ : Amit Shah
With opening of Kartarpur Sahib corridor, when we are marking Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s 550th Parkash Purab, PM @narendramodi has realised the long-cherished dream of millions.
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) November 6, 2019
‘Happy to launch the special edition of IndiaToday…’
@capt_amarinder – Chief Minister of Punjab :
Happy to launch the special edition of India Today to commemorate the 550th Prakash Purb of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji along with Aroon Purie and Raj Chengappa.
Pic Courtesy : @capt_amarinder
Khadi gets separate unique HS code, export to get a boost
- In a long awaited move to make export of Khadi, exclusively categorized from the general league of textile products, the Ministry of Commerce and Industries has allocated separate HS code for this signature fabric of India this week.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena said that this decision of Govt. will open a new chapter in the field of Khadi export. Earlier, Khadi did not have its exclusive HS code.
- As a result, all the data regarding export of this signature fabric used to come as a normal fabric under the textile head. Now, we will be able to keep a constant eye not only on our export figures, but it will also help us in planning our export strategies.
A mark of longstanding friendship…
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh presented a trophy- Bowl mounted on triangular base with three Indian Army Soldiers Statuettes in ceremonial regalia and rifle- to Defence Minister Shoigu as a mark of longstanding friendship between the militaries of India and Russia.
Pic Courtesy : @DefenceMinIndia
New Blockchain Policy to be launched by the Tamil Nadu Govt. soon
Hon’ble Minister for Revenue & IT Thiru @Udhayakumar_RB speaks about the new #Blockchain Policy to be launched by the TamilNadu government soon. @misra_ias @coindesk @SanthoshBabuIAS @CMOTamilNadu @Cointelegraph @NITIAayog @FollowCII @nasscom @UN @NICMeity @ishanroy @MIB_India pic.twitter.com/TvOVYuabtv
— Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency (TNeGA) (@TNeGA_Official) November 5, 2019
Electric bikes introduced at Guindy and Alandur Metro Station, Chennai
- As part of providing several last mile connectivity facilities for Chennai Public and Passengers, Electric bikes have been introduced at Guindy and Alandur Metro Station as a pilot project.
- The Electric bikes have been provided by VOGO Electric Bikes.
- The Electric bikes have a full functioning GPS facility and the facility can be utilized by downloading VOGO Android/IOS App from Playstore/Appstore.
- The facility can be utilized by booking for Rs. 20/- only with Rs.4/KM for Up to 10Hrs and After 10Hrs – RS.4/KM additionally Rs.0.6/Mints (Rs.36/hour).
- Payments can be made through PAYTM Wallet, VOGO Wallet and PAYLATER Option.
Source : @cmrlofficial
‘With sweet adorable children from Thingbu village in Tawang district…’
— Pema Khandu (@PemaKhanduBJP) November 6, 2019