The man who changed Indian Elections, Former Election Commissioner T.N.Seshan passes away at the age of 86
Pic Courtesy : @ShashiTharoor
@narendramodi – Prime Minister :
- Shri TN Seshan was an outstanding civil servant.
- He served India with utmost diligence and integrity.
- His efforts towards electoral reforms have made our democracy stronger and more participative.
- Pained by his demise. Om Shanti.
@MVenkaiahNaidu – Vice-President :
- Shri Sheshan did a yomen service to the nation through initiatives such as Introduction of Voter IDs, strict implementation Election Code of Conduct, setting expenditure limits and many more.
- The nation is ever grateful to his invaluable contributions and service.
Sonia Gandhi :
- A seasoned civil servant who served as Cabinet Secretary, Shri Seshan will always be remembered for strengthening India’s EC & pioneering many far reaching electoral reforms
Rahul Gandhi :
- Unlike today, there was a time when our Election Commissioners were impartial, respected, brave & feared.
- Shri TNSeshan was one of them.
- My condolences to his family on his passing.
- I have fond memories of Shri. and his wonderfully frank and humour filled relationship with my father.
- His legacy of fearlessness and determination in enabling strong and fair institutions that did not bend to the will of political masters is sorely missed today.
- TN Seshan will be remembered as an embodiment of courage & conviction.
- It was he who brought the powerful role of the “Election Commission” into the drawing room discussion of the Common Man.
@theKiranbedi – Lt.Governor, Puducherry :
- TN Seshan we shall miss u.
- You were our mentor. An icon.
- We drew inspiration from you. You were iron willed. And clear headed.
- You were a performer and a doer.
- You were rare. And perhaps still…
- Sad that former Chief Election Commissioner TN Seshan has passed away in Chennai.
He was my father’s classmate at VictoriaCollege Palakkad — a courageous &crusty boss who asserted the Election Commission’s autonomy & authority as no CEC before him had done.
- A pillar of our democracy
Justice Sahi sworn in as Chief Justice of Madras High Court
Justice Amreshwar Pratap Sahi was sworn-in as Chief Justice of the Madras High Court by Governor Banwarlilal Purohit at a ceremony at the Raj Bhavan today.
TN CM Edappadi K Palaniswami greeted new Chief Justice of Madras HC Amareshwar Pratap Sahi immediately after he was sworn-in at Raj Bhavan. TN Governor and Chief Secretary were also present.
Pic Courtesy : @TNDIPR
Define ‘A’ Certification for contents that are violent and abusive too : Gautami
CBFC Board Memember and Actor Gautami addressing a Seminar on “Regulation of Online Content, Film Certification & Ease of Doing Filming” organised by PIB underway in Chennai today :
- Producers should include time taken for CBFC certification while planning the schedule for film production and release.
- CBFC should define ‘A’ Certification not only for films that are sexually explicit but also for contents that are violent and abusive.
Kali Bein is said to have a mystical experience in GuruNanak Dev Ji’s life
- Kali Bein is said to have a mystical experience in GuruNanak Dev Ji’s life.
- It was here that he disappeared for 3 days and uttered ‘Naa Koi Hindu na Musalmaan’ after reappearing.
Pic Courtesy : @550yrsGuruNanak
Guru Ramdas Airport all set to welcome devotees
@HardeepSPuri – Union Minister for Civil Aviation :
- On the occasion of the 550th Parkash Purav of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj, the Sri Guru Ramdas ji Airport in Guru di Nagri is all decorated & decked up to welcome the devotees.
- With several additional international & domestic flights, this airport sees a footfall of nearly 3 million passengers annually.
- This figure will rise to a whopping 7 million passengers every year, once the infrastructure & facilities are expanded & fully implemented.